Diva Rules 2010

Diva Rules 2010

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Work it Out Wednesday: Week Three Couch to 5k

Hello, Good morning!
I was watching my usual morning program today “Enjoying Everyday Life” (if you don’t know about it, tune in.  Dr. Joyce Meyer keeps it real) and it was all about the power of faith.  It was right on time.  While my faith in God has never been stronger, every once in a while situations test it.  I found myself starting to stress/worry about my future plans, however I was reminded today that He has this and to continue lifting it up to Him.  She ended the show with the passage below and boy is it the truth!  It was the exclamation point on a victorious morning.

Mathew 6:25-27 “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes?  Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them.  Are you not much more valuable than they?  Can anyone of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?”

Take a minute to ponder on that!
I mentioned earlier that this morning was victorious.  It was because I ran for 3 minutes straight!!!  Yes it may be a small task to many of you, but I am celebrating all gains.  On day one, I could barely run 90 seconds straight.  Today I ran 3 minutes.  I can testify that the program is definitely working.  Word to the wise though, make sure to stretch after.  I was a little sore Monday.  See below for my schedule for the week.

Monday, Wednesday , Friday

5 min warm up
a. 90 sec jog
b. 90 sec walk
c. 3 min jog
d. 3 min walk
Repeat steps  a-d
I stayed on the treadmill for 30 minutes (walking the rest of the time at the same pace of my program walk).  As you get to running this morning, repeat this mantra “I will not worry, I am at peace”. 

Have a victorious day DIVAs!!!
<3 Jade

Promised I would take a pic of my new Black Girls Run Hoodie

 

2 comments:

  1. That's great Jade! I used to run cross country for high school and it was not easy, and that seems so far away now. In fact, your program sounds like a good idea for me to gradually get myself back in shape! Thanks for inspiring me! <3

    Vivi :)

    ReplyDelete